SGE-WOB: Three BL Matches to Go
The season is coming to a close, only three Bundesliga matchdays are left to be played. Check out our "Facts & Figures" ahead of Eintracht v Wolfsburg on Saturday at 15:30 CET.
- VfL’s 6-0 defeat to Bayern last weekend was their heaviest in the top flight to date. They are now 15th, level on points with HSV. This is their worst ranking at least this far into a season since 2010/11 (15th after matchday 34).
- Jonker’s men have 33 points after 31 matchdays (same as 2005/06) – their worst tally at this stage since 2010/11 (32; survived on the final day).
- Only FCB (16) have kept more clean sheets this term than SGE (11). Also, SGE have conceded 35 goals this term (same as BVB) – only 3 sides fewer.
- SGE have been breached 6 times in the final 15 minutes – only FCB fewer (1).
- The Wolves have lost four of their last five matches (W1 – 3-0 v FCI). They have lost 16 times in 2016/17 – their worst tally after 31 matchdays since 2003/04 (17).
- Wolfsburg have claimed just five points on the road in 2017 (W1, D2, L4) – the solitary victory came in Leipzig on matchday 24 (1-0).
- Luiz Gustavo will miss the game having been sent off vs. Bayern. He has received eight Bundesliga red cards (same as Jens Nowotny) – more than any other player.
- Last SGE goal from a corner: Mijat Gacinovic v Bremen on MD28.
- Back in his days as a player, Eintracht manager Niko Kovac only lost one match out of 12 against Wolfsburg.
- Frankfurt have not lost any of the 11 home games in which playmaker Marco Fabian has featured this season.
- Frankfurt's Jesus Vallejo and Wolfsburg's Borja Mayoral won the U-19 European Championship with Spain in 2015.