M05-SGE: The "Rhein Hesse Derby" Facts!
Both Mainz and the Eagles have a rollercoaster ride concerning the second season half. Check out the match facts.
- Nothing separates Mainz and Frankfurt in their head-to-head record after 17 meetings (both W5, D7).
- Eintracht have never won away to FSV in the top flight (D4, L4) and have lost on their last 3 trips there.
- The Zerofivers have conceded 22 goals in 17 Bundesliga games against SGE and have scored four of those themselves – they’ve not scored as many own goals against any other top-flight team. Nikolce Noveski put the ball into the back of his own net twice in the inaugural clash back in November 2005.
- SGE have 41 points and remain in 11th – it’s the first time this season they’ve not been in the top half of the table after two consecutive matchdays.
- SGE have conceded 37 goals this term – only the top 4 teams (FCB, RBL, BVB and TSG) fewer.
- M05 have scored 19 goals this season from set pieces (same as FCI) – only TSG more (20).
- Only FCB (17) have kept more clean sheets this term than SGE (11, same as TSG and VfL).
- Branimir Hrgota has scored five of his 11 Bundesliga goals against Mainz 05 – he hasn’t netted more than twice against any other side (Augsburg). He was directly involved in all three goals (2 goals + 1 assist) in the 3-0 win in the reverse fixture.
- Bastian Oczipka created the most chances for Eintracht so far (35).
- SGE won both matches v Mainz 05 under Niko Kovac.
- Niko Kovac/SGE and Martin Schmidt/M05 are on the same points per game average as coaches (1.29).