WOB-SGE: Facts and Figures
Eintracht are currently playing their best campaign since 1993. On the other side, Wolfsburg is struggling this term and have only collected ten points so far.
- Saturday’s match ist the 29th encounter between Eagles and Wolves
- Eintracht have won just one of their 14 Bundesliga games in Wolfsburg (2-0 in December 2012 thanks to goals from Meier and Inui, otherwise D5, L8).
- However, the Eagles won the latest meeting 3-2 in Frankfurt. Alexander Meier scored his second Bundesliga hat-trick in that match.
- Wolfsburg have won one of their last 13 Bundesliga matches (3-0 vs. SCF on matchday 10). They’ve taken 10 points from their 14 games this term – a negative club record.
- Frankfurt have 26 points – their best tally at this stage since 1993/94 (31; finished fifth).
- The Wolves haven’t won any of their opening seven home games of the season – the first time this has ever happened to them. They’ve lost each of their last four in Wolfsburg – they’ve never lost five consecutive home matches in the top flight.
- Eintracht are on an eight game unbeaten streak (W4, D4) and haven’t lost since 1st October (1-0 in Freiburg). This is their best run of form in the top flight for 10 years.
- SGE have conceded just 11 goals in their 14 games this season – they’ve been better off just once: 1990/91 (10).
- Lukas Hradecky and SGE’s defense are doing a formidable job this campaign. Eintracht have kept a league-high six clean sheets this term (same as FCB).
- Mario Gomez is on the cusp of his 250th Bundesliga appearance (121 for VfB, 115 for FCB and 13 for Wolfsburg) – he has 141 top-flight goals to his name.
- Valerien Ismael has claimed four points from his seven games in charge (W1, D1, L5) – two fewer than predecessor Dieter Hecking managed across the opening seven matchdays (6).