Unbeaten in 6 at Home v Werder: The Match Facts!
We did the weekly number crunching for you.
- Eintracht and Werder meet for the 94th time in the Bundesliga. The Eagles have won 34 of the clashes to date, meaning they’ve beaten Bremen more often than any other top-flight outfit.
- SGE are unbeaten in six at home (W4, D2) – SVW haven’t won in Frankfurt since May 2009 (5-0).
- Werder’s heaviest two Bundesliga defeats to date came against Eintracht (7-0 in 1963/64
and 9-2 in 1981/82). Both thrashings took place in Frankfurt.
- The Eagles are unbeaten in seven Friday fixtures (W2, D5). They weren’t breached in that
period – although those stats are strengthened by five goalless draws!
- Bremen have won just one of their last 11 top-flight matches played on a Friday night (2-1 in Wolfsburg on matchday 22, otherwise D3, L7). 10 of the clashes took place on the road.
- Following matchdays 19 and 20, Frankfurt had more than double as many points as Bremen on the board (35 to 16). Currently, Bremen (35 points), are just two points behind the Eagles in the table and can start to dream of European football next season.
- SGE are currently without a win in eight consecutive matches (2 draws, 6 defeats) – their longest such run under Niko Kovac.
- Werder Bremen have picked up 19 out of a possible 21 points in their last seven games – the
highest return in the league in this period. Werder last went on a similar run back in 2007/08, when they won seven of the last eight games of the season (1 draw).
- Bremen’s current tally of 35 points is seven more than they had at the same stage last season.
- Bremen goalkeeper Felix Wiedwald had a spell at Eintracht from 2013 to 2015.
- Aymen Barkok scored the late match winning goal in the first leg - on his Bundesliga debut.
- Close to suspension: Hector and Vallejo (4 bookings each)