SGE's and FCB's 100th Encounter: Match Stats!
Eintracht will try everything to beat the odds in Saturday's match against the Bavarians (15.30 CET). Maybe the 100th encounter of both teams in a competitive match will be one to remember.
- This will be the 100th competitive match between the sides.
- SGE have won just one of their last 34 games vs. FCB in Munich (otherwise, D4, L29). Jan Aage Fjörtoft scored the winner in a 2-1 triumph in the Olympiastadion on 18th November 2000.
- Eintracht are the only current Bundesliga side to have conceded just three goals in their last three matches against Bayern. They are also the only side to have scored twice against FCB already this season.
- The match will see the best defence of the league (FCB; 13 conceded) come up against the second-best (SGE; 24 – same as RBL and TSG).
- Bayern have picked up 32 of a possible 36 points since losing 1-0 to BVB on matchday 11 – their only defeat of the season. No other side has got within 10 points of this tally (Leipzig and Dortmund both 22).
- SGE’s 26 goals this season have been scored by 13 different players – only Leverkusen (14) and Bayern (16) top this.
- The Eagles have kept 9 clean sheets (FCB: 11). They recorded just 8 in the whole of last season.
- Eintracht manager Niko Kovac played for the Bundesliga record champions from 2001 until 2003 and won the league title as well as the DFB Cup with the Bavarians.
- SGE’s management board member, Fredi Bobic, never played in a FCB jersey. However, while at Stuttgart and Dortmund, Bobic managed to score twice in a game against Bayern.
- Carlo Ancelotti last home defeat as a head coach came almost two years ago. His Real Madrid side came unstuck against Schalke on 10th March 2015 (4-3).